- 1. Favorite childhood book?
– The only books I really read as a child were the Junie B. Jones series.
- 2. What are you reading right now?
– Currently, I am reading ‘Never Too Far’ by Abbi Glines
- 3. What books do you have on request at the library?
– Allegiant, Elite, Clockwork Princess, and The Raven Boys
- 4. Bad book habit?
– Skipping to the end of the book to see how my favorite character will end up
- 5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
– Nothing, I don’t go to the library very often and I prefer to buy books
- 6. Do you have an e-reader?
– Yes! It’s my baby
- 7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
– It really depends on what books are out at that time, I can read several books at a time
- 8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
– Not really, I guess I don’t read young adult paranormal books as often anymore
- 9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?
– The Innocents, Also, I read Antigone in English class and it sucked. Badly.
- 10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
– The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
- 11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
– I will read anything that has an element of romance in it. Call me sappy, but I love happy endings and cute male characters.
- 12. What is your reading comfort zone?
– YA Paranormal and Romanctic Realistic Fiction
- 13. Can you read on the bus?
– Yes, I did that everyday from 5th-8th grade, I’m pretty sure if reading on the bus was an Olympic port I would have a gold medal
- 14. Favorite place to read?
– My room, I like being able to spread out on my bed and move around
- 15. What is your policy on book lending?
– I only lend my books to people I know will appreciate and respect them as much as I do
- 16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
– ABSOLUTELY NOT!
- 17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
– Not really, I never have a reason to
- 18. Not even with text books?
- 19. What is your favourite language to read in?
– Brail…….jk I only know how to read English
- 20. What makes you love a book?
– The characters and their attitudes toward the things that happen in the book
- 21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
– Normally it depends on how much I love the main guy character 🙂
- 22. Favorite genre?
– Romance/ Realistic Fiction
- 23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
– Historical Fiction
- 24. Favourite biography?
– The Bible
- 25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
– Nope, I’m far too confident to need a self-help book 😉
- 26. Favourite cookbook?
– I don’t think I’ve ever read a cookbook
- 27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- 28. Favorite reading snack?
– Uhhhhh cookies? I don’t like eating chips while reading books because then you get the salt and/or cheese crap all over the pages
- 29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
– The Hunger Games. Honestly, it was good but it wasn’t as earth-shatteringly wonderful as everyone said it was going to be
- 30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
– About 80% of the time, I’m actually very easy to please book-wise. I normally just stick to the same type of characters and storylines
- 31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
– I always make sure that people realize that it is only my opinion when I give out negative reviews. Just because I didn’t like something doesn’t mean another person won’t like it. I’m not afraid to give my honest opinion about books, but I never tell people not to read certain books just because I didn’t like them.
- 32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
– Oooooh this is a good one, I guess I would say French because I think it looks really cool.
- 33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
- 34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
– I LOVE big books, the bigger they are the more detail and story that is put into it. I guess Insurgent was kind of intimidating?
- 35. Favorite Poet?
– Shel Silverstein. Definitely.
- 36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
– Depends on how many books have come into the library recently, I usually don’t check out more than 10 at a time
- 37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
– Every time I go to the library I bring the book back from the time before with at least one that was never read. I can’t read books if I’m not in the mood to read that specific story.
- 38. Favorite fictional character?
– Male: Adrian Ivashkov (Vampire Academy) Female: Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy)
- 39. Favourite fictional villain?
– Ahhh this is so hard! I’m gonna go with Seth (Covenant Series)
- 40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
– Any Abbi Glines book, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, Half-Blood, and The Last Song
- 41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
– A day, and the only reason I didn’t read that day is because I didn’t have any books with me 😦
- 42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
– Matched by Ally Condie…..just not my style
- 43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
– People having loud conversations around me
- 44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
– The Lucky One, I actually liked the movie better than the book
- 45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
– It’s a three-way tie between the 1st Twilight movie, City of Bones, and the Host
- 46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
– Probably around $50, I only do that when people give me giftcards though
- 47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
– I’m a speed reader, I rarely ever read every word in a book. So the answer is yes, I always skim at least a little bit of every book I read. But if I really like the book I will eventually go back and read everything that I missed
- 48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
– If my favorite character dies
- 49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
– Normally yes, but sometimes I just leave them in a pile on my book shelf
- 50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
– Keep them, I re-read books all the time so unless I really didn’t like it will be mine forever
- 51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
– Allegiant, Clockwork Princess, and With All My Soul….I get anxiety when I start reading the last book in a good series
- 52. Name a book that made you angry.
– Pretty Little Liars. Ugh! Love the show but the book just made me mad from the beginning
- 53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
– The Fault in Our Stars, I thought it was going to be really depressing and non-relatable. It turned out to be amazing and it is now one of my favorite books
- 54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Pretty Little Liars, the show was good and the books are always better than the show so I should love the books right? Well no, it was just not good at all in my opinion